- 21 – 55% of Asian ladies into the U.S. report experiencing intimate real and/or sexual violence in their life time, predicated on a compilation of disagregated examples of Asian ethnicities in regional communities. Information & Stats Report (2015)
- 18% of Asian or Pacific Islander females reported experiencing rape, assault, and/or stalking by an intimate partner within their life time in a nationwide study, in comparison with 48% of United states Indians or Alaska Native women, 45% of Ebony females, 34% of Hispanic females, and 37percent of White women. CDC: 2010-2012 nationwide Intimate Partner and Sexual Violence Survey (2017)
Graphic from AAPIdata.com. Data from Leung C & Cheung C. 2008. A prevalence research on partner punishment in six American that is asian ethnic in the united states. Global Social Perform. 51(5): 635 – 649.
Domestic Violence-Related Homicide
- In a six-year duration, 160 instances in Asian families led to 226 fatalities, of which 72% had been adult homicide victims, 10% had been child homicide victims, and 18% were committing suicide fatalities.
- 68% of victims had been intimate partners (current, estranged, or ex-partners), of which 111 had been females and 14 had been guys.
- 83% of homicide perpetrators had been males, 14% had been females, 3% unknown.
- Young ones had been the 2nd biggest team of victims, while the moms and dads of spouses and girlfriends had been the 3rd biggest team. Shattered Life (2010)
Graphic from AAPIdata.com. Information from Yoshioka MR, DiNoia J, & Ullah K. 2001. Attitudes toward marital physical violence: a study of four communities that are asian. Violence Against Women. 7(8): 900 – 926.
Sexual Physical Violence
- Of API ladies, 23% experienced some form of contact violence that is sexual 10% skilled finished or tried rape, and 21% had non-contact undesirable intimate experiences in their life time. CDC: 2010-2012 NISVS Summary Report (2017)
- 56% of Filipinas and 64% of Indian and Pakistani ladies had skilled violence that is sexual a romantic in a report of 143 domestic physical https://mail-order-bride.net/asian-brides/ violence survivors. Intimate Partner Violence and Help-Seeking (2011)
- 8% of API ladies experienced stalking in their life time CDC: 2010-2012 NISVS Overview Report (2017)
- 68% of Filipinas and 50% of Indian and Pakistani abused ladies reported being stalked by an Partner Violence and Help-Seeking (2011)
Children’s Experience Of Family Violence
- 70% of Cambodians, 61% of Chinese, 80% of Koreans, 79% of Southern Asians, and 72% of Vietnamese gents and ladies reported being hit regularly as young ones. ATASK: Asian Family Violence Report (2000)
- 28% of Cambodians, 18% of Chinese, 30% of Koreans, 8% of Southern Asians, and 27% of Vietnamese witnessed their dads frequently hit their mothers. ATASK: Asian Family Violence Report (2000)
- In overview of 160 homicide that is asian, 22 kiddies were killed. Of this 63 non-fatal son or daughter victims for who information ended up being available, 60 had been either on website once the homicides took place, survived an attempted homicide, had been attention or ear witnesses up to a maternal homicide, or discovered the systems. Shattered Lives (2010)
- Of this 3,116 trafficking survivors with specified ethnicities whom reached away to Polaris operated hotlines in 2016, 23% (715) were Asian. Polaris Venture: 2016 Statistics
Attitudes towards Violence
- Of 607 Asian respondents, the top explanations for why household physical physical violence occurs had been that the spouse desires energy, domination, and control (72 reacted because of this) and that he’s frustrated/has anger (67 responded because of this). Overall, family members physical physical violence is overwhelmingly regarded because the problem that is personal of spouse.
- 22% of Cambodians, 18% of Chinese, 29% of Korean, 5% of South Asian, and 9% of Vietnamese people stated that the girl who’s being mistreated should perhaps not inform anybody in regards to the punishment. ATASK: Asian Family Violence Report (2000)
Graphic from AAPIdata.com. Data from Yoshioka MR, DiNoia J, & Ullah K. 2001. Attitudes toward marital physical physical physical violence: a study of four Asian communities. Violence Against Ladies. 7(8): 900 – 926.
Resources on Violence against API Ladies
Domestic and Sexual physical violence in Filipino Communities, 2018
A compilation of data on domestic physical violence, intimate physical physical violence, stalking, and help-seeking in Filipino communities.
Data on Gender-Based Violence in Asian and Pacific Islander Communities, 2017
This factsheet compiles data on domestic physical violence, intimate physical physical violence, domestic physical violence associated homicide, stalking, children’s contact with household physical violence, and individual trafficking in Asian and Pacific Islander communities.
Ethnic-Specific Factsheets on Domestic Violence
Ethnic-specific compilations of data on domestic physical violence, intimate physical violence, stalking, and help-seeking in Asian communities within the U.S.
AAPI information, an accumulation of infographics and factsheets on AAPIs